Latest message you have seen: Re: Re: unRaid - Media storage server solution

Re: OT: Print Server for USB Multifunction Help !

Hello Keith,

KD> Hi Bill,

>> I would deinitely NOT recommend this device. It installs network
>> drivers and if you unplug the Keyspan server from the network it
will
>> crash any XP computer with the drivers installed. A seriously
faulty
>> driver design.

KD> Can you explain this a little more please because I havent
experienced this.

After I installed the keyspan software I found that the 2 client
machines that I was using the software on would lock up with a BSOD.
Eventually I found that depowering the Keyspan server or removing the
server from the network would reliably crash the machines with the
keyspan software installed, whether they were trying to access the
server or not; at which point I decided that I didn't want to use
anything that had such a terminal effect on my client PCs.

The machines would have been running Windows XP.

This was some months ago, and I still have a use for the server that
doesn't involve printers, so perhaps I might try it again to see if it
is still as unreliable.

Bill

KD> I installed the Keyspan server on my main XP machine a couple of
months ago
KD> and the only day that I actually used the device itself was on that
day yet
KD> the Keyspan software is running fine on the PC and it has never
crashed.