Latest message you have seen: Re: Re: unRaid - Media storage server solution

RE: Interesting new product

  • Subject: RE: Interesting new product
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 21:50:42 +0100

Hi Frank

Take a look at the MicroVGA module
http://www.dontronics.com/micro-vga.html

and the user guide which has the protocol
http://www.dontronics.com/pdf/uVGA_Core_Users_Manual.pdf

It takes serial commands direct from a PIC. It does mention that there
coul=
be a touchscreen option but on a 1.5 inch LCD I wouldnt expect to be able
t=
define more than about 4 touch pads!

I have asked if the pictures on the page are simulated (which I believe to
be the case) as used to be the case with TV set adverts as I believe there
is too much information on them.
eg http://www.dontronics.com/graphics/microlcd_graphics5.jpg
has the words
"Settings Measurements Config Upload" which alone is 32
characters and some
very obvious space as well. Given that the resolution is only 128 pixels I
cant see it being a genuine image as that would only be 4 pixels per
character excluding the spaces!

I have asked for an image or a "real" display and also for info
on how it i=
actually mounted as the picture doesnt really show that.

I have a Micro-VGA and as they use the same protocol I can see if I can get
a meaningful display in a 128x128 space and if I can then I may send off
fo=
one.

Regards

Keith