Latest message you have seen: Re: New Build

Re: CBus / X10 Opinions please

  • Subject: Re: CBus / X10 Opinions please
  • From: "christopher purves" <CHRIS_PURVES@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 11:42:20 +0000

Whats that - think of a number of wires and treble it ?

Seriously - I have had X10 and CBUS and I don't really think there is much
of a comparison. When X10 works it is fine but in my particular case it was
flakey - the WAF was low.

We have a complete house CBUS installation and it is designed to be rock
solid - very high WAF factor.  Interestingly, CBUS now has the PAC
controler
which will do the homeseer/comfort/homevison role for you in a rock solid
way. If you buy it instead of the normal cbus pc interface is only a few
extra ££.

Chris

( Using CBUS / Mainlobby / Homeseer / Comfort / Russound)

>From: Jim Noble <yahoo-groups@xxxxxxx>
>To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: [ukha_d] CBus / X10 Opinions please
>Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 12:25:39 +0100
>
>David wrote:
>
> >I would like peoples opinions please on the CBus X10 argument. I’m
> >having a new home being built and it will be time to put in the
wiring
> >in the next few weeks and I am completely unable to decide on CBus
or
> >X10. I know on the surface everyone will yell CBus because of
> >reliability but I have had a small X10 system in my current home
and
> >never had one problem with it. Obviously pricing is expensive on
CBus