RE: 10MB broadband for me then!

  • Subject: RE: 10MB broadband for me then!
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 18:16:27 +0100

> Perhaps Phil's "mole" might be able to shed some additional
light?...
> Phil?

:-D

I was talking with my friend about this a couple of weeks ago and I
forwarded a BBC news item on it to Mark earlier this week but it seems Mark
decided it wasn't worth posting. :-P

However the discussion I had with my friend there definitely involved the
use of the words "Pissup" and "Brewery" (see previous
comment about
Marketing departments) ...

Of course the reason we want higher upstream speeds (and precisely the
reason they don't want to give us higher upstream speeds) is so that we can
run home servers and they are more than aware of this and are trying to
find
implementable ways to nobble the home server user.

It seems that at the moment their main problem isn't giving out bandwidth
though - it's monitoring it! They still don't have the capping implemented
on the current services and the promised web based usage monitoring still
isn't anywhere on the map.

Phil