Re: Asterisk weirdness

On 09/08/2005 at 20:49 Mark Harrison (Groups) wrote:

>If I pick up the handset on line one of the SPA-2000-1, and dial
"21#",
>[Note 1] then, sure enough, the phone in the study rings. Furthermore,
>if someone picks it up, I can talk to them...
>
>... once ...
>
>If we both hang up, and then I redial, I get put straight through to
the
>voicemail, as if the SPA-841 weren't available.

After hanging up do a :

show channels

it may be that one end still thinks a call is in progress. If you see a
channel
still up, do a

soft hangup <channnel>

which should terminate the call. If this is the case then it appears that
either the
attached ata isn't responding to the BYE or the udp packet is getting lost
on your
network.

We had a problem like this on a much larger scale (1000 users) where calls
weren't
being terminated - very very scarey if they are calls to the pstn and you
have to backtrack
all your calls to fix their billing. Essentially we ended up checking the
sip packets and found
that the manufacturer has misspelt one of the header names!

Catch me online if you want a chat...

Andy