Re: [OT] Treo 650

Hi Martin,

I've used one for the last few months, (basically a week or two after  it
became available to Orange customers)

I do like the phone. It does have it's quirks. Twice now it has locked up
the mobile phone part - just indicates that it is searching for a network,
but won't find one. A soft reset works ok.

It does occasionally reset itself, esp if I use the email program.

I replaced a Palm Vx and a Nokia 6310i with the Treo and all in all, taking
into account it's short comings I am happy to continue using it. I hot-sync
it using bluetooth to my laptop. Very nice being able to see my
appointments
in colour - I colour code depending on if it's personal, or one or two
sites
I work at, or my private contract work.

I do miss graffiti, but have got used to the keyboard on the Treo. Even
with
my big fingers, I can normally get the right key first time. Battery life
is
fair.

It comes with a wired headset, which I use in the meantime in the car and
when wanting to use the palm facilities while using the phone.

Haven't yet tried a bluetooth headset (which I hope to be getting tonight)

(one of these days I will try to reply to a on-topic post!)

Regards

Richard