Re: Re: Internet access from Hotels

Thanks to all who've replied.

It looks as if BTOpenZone has good peering arrangements (with The Cloud,
T-Mobile and ReadytoSurf), so may prove as flexible as is possible,
without being ludicrously expensive.

I will tell him to pack a phone cable and an ethernet cable anyway,
though.

He's done most of his touring in the US and Canada, and come to expect
that hotels have free (OK, included in room rate) wireless internet
access as a matter of course.

What we'll probably do is sort him out with 802.11 for his first trip,
then add a GPRS option if it doesn't give enough coverage. It'll be him
and his wife in a Morgan for each tour, so I'm trying to minimise the
amount of kit he has to carry severely.

Regards,

Mark