Re: Internet access from Hotels

On 11/08/05, Mark Harrison (Groups) <mph@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Has anyone got any experience of the various "802.11b hotspot
> providers". I know that T-Mobile have a service, and BT has a
service,
> etc., etc. What he's really looking for is one of the national
networks
> where he can sign up for a month, and use any of their access points
> around the UK WITHOUT signing up for an annual contract OR paying each
> hotel individually. Any ideas?

BTopenzone offer a pay-as-you-go service, as do some of the other
service providers. But he may be best using one of the 'reseller'
networks, such as www.boingo.com (which offers serivces worldwide),
which aggregate various service provider networks, and offer their own
subscription/PAYG models.

Also useful is www.hotspot-hotel.com.

--
phil