Re: Tenuously on-topic... Cheapest way to get WinXP..

  • Subject: Re: Tenuously on-topic... Cheapest way to get WinXP..
  • From: "keyvan2r" <keyvan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 19:38:19 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "John Andrews" <groups@j...> wrote:
> David
>=20
> Can I ask what you thought of the 9300? We are about to roll these out
> to our roaming staff that want e-mail, calendar, contacts on the go
> (Using Intellisync Enterprise as the push engine).
>=20
> Cheers

I have a 9300 (we have 12 of them at the office for mobile email &=20
calendar with duality) and so far it's been very good.
As a mobile the 9300 is very good. Nice size & keypad, good battery=20
life and good overall cellphone performance. The PDA side is good too.=20
The best display of all for reading emails & docs. Far better than
the=20
typical Pocket pc device. The text is nice & clear. Much easier to
read=20
with the wide display. The keyboard is very good - you can do 2 finger=20
tap-typing (not touch-type) it is far faster than any device I have=20
used before. The dedicated function keys make it easy to navigate. The=20
640 wide screen shows non-pda websites very well in the browser.
Only minor complaints:
1- It's a little slow compared to PPC's. The screen can take up to 2=20
seconds to refresh when running apps. I just get the feeling that the=20
CPU is a little underpowered.
2- Not too sure about the joy-stick cursor control thingy! It's little=20
hit & miss - but the arrow cursor keys do the job nicely.
3- Symbian 80 OS is a little unstable - or may be the weak cpu - but=20
running apps too quickly - i.e. clicking buttons while the app is=20
closing - can lock the OS. Unfortunately no reset button (that I know=20
of!) so the only way to reset is to remove/replace battery.

But a VERY nice device which is proving popular with a lot of users.

HTH

Keyvan