HA alarm intergation.

  • Subject: HA alarm intergation.
  • From: "Brian Milton" <bmilton@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 09:51:04 +0100

Hi,

Just a quick one!  I have installed a HKC alarm into my house, it has
various options to control lights etc.  I currently have it setup to text
me
if the alarm goes off etc using a digi text dialer.  This can also be used
to dial in and control the alarm using their Smartlink 7 v2.0 software.  It
also has a serial port for controling it directly with the software.  My
problem is that I can't get my hands on the software as they only give it
out to registered alarm installation compainies.

So I was wondering if it was possible to connect my PC to the serial port
and use some sort of software to listen to anything that it may output and
try input a few commands.  Would this be possible with the likes of
Hyperterminal?

Also the serial connection on the board is a white 4 pin connector like the
ones on a motherboard for sound etc.  Do these type of connections have a
name so I could see if I could get a cable to connect to my pc if I can't
get one from HCK them selves.

Any help would be great

Cheers

Brian