RE: IP Cams - do they stream ?

  • Subject: RE: IP Cams - do they stream ?
  • From: "Alex Clark" <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 12:55:09 +0100

The absolute cheapest is about =A3425.  When I asked them in Nov, they
said=
:

1) MOBOTIX SINGLE LENS EXTERNAL CAMERA
VGA BASIC CAMERA C/W 42mm LENS
MOBOTIX PART MX-M1M-BASIC-D42 - 68106
@ =A3425.00 each.

Color CMOS camera integrated ISDN interface integrated web server with web
interface operation does not require software installation, only
JavaScript-enabled web browser integrated microphone integrated loudspeaker
integrated PIR sensor Linux operating system digital video sensor 27 freely
definable motion detection zones in the image with individual sensitivity
JPEG images and MxPEG video sequences using MxPEG Viewer for Windows video
transmission over the LAN GSM or ISDN event-controlled image transmission
event-controlled image storage in internal ring buffer video management
software integrated in the camera management of up to 1.000.000 alerts on
each camera e-mail notification storage of pre- and post-alarm images FTP
client CPU power of 235 MIPS password protection with three-level user
management full backlight compensation even with direct sunlight
weatherproof IP 65-certified fibre-glass casing power supply via Ethernet
cabling possible without splitter different exposure zones definable in
image multi view of several cameras within web browser separate images for
PDAs, MDAs, smart phones audio announcement of IP address possible
integration of static and dynamic texts in the images no moving parts.

I think this might have been superseeded now by the M10M, which is about
=A3450, and it says:

Web Server, FTP client, E-Mail, ISDN PPP server/client, Multi View,
Recorder/Player, Softbuttons, MxPEG Live, Single image recording
(pre-/post-alarm images: 3), no software installation required

These are both external - so avoids the need for extra housings, etc.
Powe=
is over the LAN too, so the only connection needed at the camera is a CAT5.

Give Steve Fewtrell a call on 01322 441169

(No connection, just a customer)

Alex.