RE: low-quality cctv audio over cat5

  • Subject: RE: low-quality cctv audio over cat5
  • From: "John Risby" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 12:18:36 +0100

> Glad you like the quality :-)

I certainly do Keith, it's a fantastic product.

> Sending bi-directional audio over CAT5 as an unbalanced=20
> signal may result in crosstalk between the two channels which=20
> could end up as a horrible feedback, it is also possible that=20
> it may pick up some hum. If this proves to be a problem then=20
> the circuit described below should do the trick

<snip>

Thanks for that Keith, I'll take a closer look at it later and see if I
can work it out ;)

The next step after that is to try and wire up the mic/speaker pair as a
VOIP device but I better get the sound working first!

> I say, ironically because no-one actually wanted one and now=20
> the new PCB's can only be built as transmitter or receiver as=20
> they use different PCB. Using a set of VC units would have=20
> enabled the video to go over the CAT5 as well. If there is=20
> sufficient interest in a VC unit then I may produce some.

Typical ;)

Thanks
John

--=20