Transferring Video between rooms

  • Subject: Transferring Video between rooms
  • From: "noel_pilot" <HA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 20:33:37 -0000

Hey all,=20
I've just been reading up on plutohome and it does look pretty sweet.
Not sure I want to go the whole hog for everything on one system tho!!

One feature which I do love the idea of is being able to transfer
video to multiple or just to other rooms.
I.e. watching a film in the lounge, decide I want to pause it and
finish watching it in bed.
Now I know this is easy in something like a Crestron setup (with the
=A3100,000 price tag!!) and plutohome manages this easily as well!

So any ideas how I can do it otherwise....my general vision is a file
server serving a number of clients (most likely chipped xboxes at the
moment I think) although I may decide to go the Windows Media Centre
route at some stage.

The only way I can think is if I have the feed from each xbox going to
a central video distribuition i.e. a switching amp but thats far from
ideal!!

ideas and opinions gratefully received...also any comments good or bad
on plutohome as well!!=20=20

Thanks
Noel