RE: KAT5 Mark2 - Now Available - New Distribution & Manu facturer!

  • Subject: RE: KAT5 Mark2 - Now Available - New Distribution & Manu facturer!
  • From: "Ward, David" <DAvid.Ward@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 09:53:57 +0100

As an ELectronics engineer I can appreciate how much effort has gone into
these units to bring them to market with CE certification, small scale
manufacture, and testing.

IMHO the Baluns mentioned before are grossly overpriced,  each of those
boxes are comprised of what is essentially 3 transformers.=20
6 small transformers, 6 phono plugs and two RJ45 sockets in a  box for over
=A3120!=20

I'd go for the KAT5 approach every time

Dave

system
> [...]
>=09
>	* S-Video Mixdown - A new feature to the AVRX is S-Video
>Mixdown. This
>	allows an S-Video source to be mixed down to composite video for
>TVs that
>	do
>	not support S-Video signals.
>=09
>	Also available are the AVTX-RGB and AVRX-RGB units, which are
>suitable for
>	carrying high quality RGBS signals to Plasma Screens and
>Projectors. Units
>	are on sale and available now from www.laser.com (worldwide
>shipping
>	available now).
>=09
>	About Indigo Electronics - www.kat5.tv
>	Established in 1978, Indigo Electronics are an innovative
>company
>	dedicated
>	to developing high quality AV distribution products at mass
>market prices.
>	Its range of KAT5 products are already in homes and even TV
>studios around
>	the world.
>=09
>	About Laser Business Systems - www.laser.com
>	The UK's first ever "Smart Home" technology eTailer, Laser
have
>been
>	supplying the home automation market from its on-line store
>since 1995.
>	Laser now sells over 600 product lines and its subsidiary
>cbus-shop.com is
>	national distributor for C-Bus products."
>=09
>	http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/article1602.html
>=09
>	M.
>=09
>=09
>=09
>=09
>=09
>=09
>	Yahoo! Groups Links
>=09
>=09
>=09
>=09
>=09
>=09
>=09
>=09
>=09
>=09
>=09
>	Yahoo! Groups Links
>=09
>=09
>=09
>=09
>=09
>=09
>=09
>=09
>=09
>=09
>=09
>=09
>	[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
" on the web.
>=09=09=20=20
>	*	 To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>=09=09=20=20
>	*	 Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
>Terms of Service <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>
.=20

>------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor=20
>href=3D"http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=3D12ha31v3p/M=3D320369.6903864.78
>46594.2920218/D=3Dgroups/S=3D1705041992:TM/Y=3DYAHOO/EXP=3D1122893040/A
>=3D2896110/R=3D0/SIG=3D1107idj9u/*http://www.thanksandgiving.com
>">Help save the life of a child. Support St. Jude
Children=BFs=20