RE: KAT5 Mark2 - Now Available - New Distribution & Manufacturer!

  • Subject: RE: KAT5 Mark2 - Now Available - New Distribution & Manufacturer!
  • From: "Rob Mouser" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 09:34:12 +0100

What did you expect Gareth? Consider the difference in overheads now they
are externally manufactured and Laser need to make a profit too (I don=92t
believe they are a registered charity?).
Keith also no longer does this as a hobby its his income.

They are still cheaper than comparable products in the market place and
IMH=
better quality too.=20

=20
Many thanks,
=20
Rob

unit=
> are now on sale. More details in the press release below.
>=20
> "Laser Business Systems announce Strategic Alliance with Indigo
> Electronics
> for KAT5 products
>=20
> LONDON - 1st August 2005 - Laser Business Systems are delighted to
> announce
> an exclusive manufacturing and distribution alliance with Indigo
> Electronics. Laser will now manufacture and distribute the KAT5
products
> under licence.
>=20
> The KAT5 range of affordable audio/video modules allow the
transmission o=
> high quality signals over the CAT5 cables that are being fitted in
many
> new
> housing developments and bespoke smart homes...
>=20
> Taking advantage of this "structured cabling" the KAT5
system allows user=
> to send pictures and sound around their homes. Laser and Indigo are
> pleased
> to announce the launch of the new feature rich Mark 2 units.
Improvements
> over the mark 1 include:-
>=20
> * IR Pass Through - This allows remotely located source equipment to
be
> controlled from the viewing room.
>=20
> * SCART Control - This replicates the SCART Switching signals from the
> source equipment at the viewing room allowing the source to send a
signal
> switch to widescreen mode on the TV/Projector at the remote location.
>=20
> * AVTX Switchable Termination - The transmitter now features
switchable
> input termination allowing multiple KAT5 Transmitters to be connected
> the
> same source equipment using simple Passive SCART splitters rather than
> needing expensive active splitters. This also allows a KAT5
Transmitter t=
> be connected to a source at the same time as a TV.
>=20
> * AVRX Switchable Termination - The receiver now features switchable
> termination allowing more than one receiver to be fed from a single
> transmitter.
>=20
> * S-Video Mixdown - A new feature to the AVRX is S-Video Mixdown. This
> allows an S-Video source to be mixed down to composite video for TVs
that
> do
> not support S-Video signals.
>=20
> Also available are the AVTX-RGB and AVRX-RGB units, which are suitable
fo=
> carrying high quality RGBS signals to Plasma Screens and Projectors.
Unit=
> are on sale and available now from www.laser.com (worldwide shipping
> available now).
>=20
> About Indigo Electronics - www.kat5.tv
> Established in 1978, Indigo Electronics are an innovative company
> dedicated
> to developing high quality AV distribution products at mass market
prices=
.
> Its range of KAT5 products are already in homes and even TV studios
aroun=
> the world.
>=20
> About Laser Business Systems - www.laser.com
> The UK's first ever "Smart Home" technology eTailer, Laser
have been
> supplying the home automation market from its on-line store since
1995.
> Laser now sells over 600 product lines and its subsidiary
cbus-shop.com i=