Latest message you have seen: RE: [OT] Self contained portable SatNav

RE: Cheapest way to acheive RAID5 ?

  • Subject: RE: Cheapest way to acheive RAID5 ?
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 11:31:28 +0100

Depends what OS's you are running on each of the two boxes... assuming its
Windows...

DOS batch file with Xcopy commands, scheduled with windows task scheduler
ROBOCOPY - Resource kit tool, been around since NT4 days, scheduled with
windows task scheduler
Offline files wizard (with appropriate windows versions)
Briefcase Plus - http://www.totalshareware.com/asp/detail_view.asp?application=3015
Easy2Sync - http://www.totalshareware.com/asp/detail_view.asp?application=30021
qFileSync - http://www.totalshareware.com/asp/detail_view.asp?application=3003
SynchronX - http://www.totalshareware.com/asp/detail_view.asp?application=3032
CompFold - http://www.totalshareware.com/asp/detail_view.asp?application=3002

All the above are FREEware, if you want to expand the search out to include
SHAREware as well, there are literally hundreds of utilities, like this
list here:...

http://www.totalshareware.com/asp/list_view.asp?catid=295&Page=1

Should be enough to get you started... :-)

Paul G.

PS, the above aren't personal recommendations, - I've not actually used any
of the freeware tools mentioned...