Latest message you have seen: Re: Recommendations for noise cancelling headphones...

RE: [OT]Windows bootable CD

  • Subject: RE: [OT]Windows bootable CD
  • From: "John Andrews" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 06:40:47 +0100

Tony

I assume you hav a cd-writer with say good software? easy CD etc?

It IS possible to create a bootable CD in easyCD. You will need a bootable
flopy disk (with cd drivers win98 boot floppy will be best) and a copy of
the win98 CD.
Create the bootable CD and easyCD will read from the floppy, and then add
the setup directories from the 98 CD.

On booting your floppyless machine, the bootable CD will create a virtual
floppy.

Hope that helps.