Latest message you have seen: RE: Recommendations for noise cancelling headphones...

Re: Re: TTG V5 released

I got the Navman ICN510 a couple of months ago and there were two reasons
for this.
1) It was half the price as I bought in the US although by the time I had
the extra European maps as well as the supplied US ones it was still 400
quid and
2) The maps had been updated in 2004.

I collected a PC from a new housing estate recently and am glad to say
'Christine' took me straight there. So far she has been flawless and
brilliant in the States where road signs have not been invented yet.
Directions are similar to Irish ones except they use road numbers/names and
compass directions rather than cottages and potato fields. It's great when
a road changes name three times over a 30 mile stretch and ends back at the
same name as it started with - keeps the navigator on their toes. Same net
result for me of getting horribly lost.

Christine has Irish maps and ferries loaded but I cannot vouch for their
accuracy or the extent of their coverage.

I did manage to crash the firmware however by turning it off in the UK and
then back on in the US then trying to calculate a route to the local mall
before the GPS had a fix - it didn't like that. A reset with a pen and all
was fine though.

Ian

"Patrick
Lidstone"                To:       ukha_d@xxxxxxx
<patrickl@xxxxxxx        cc:       (bcc: Ian Bird/CV/Novartis)
om>                      Subject:  [ukha_d] Re: TTG V5 released

12/04/2005 02:48
Please respond to
ukha_d

> > Correct me if I'm wrong, but are the updated maps not a free
daownload
> > as well? - doesn't look like if from what I can see... I'm
getting
the
> > new application version at this very moment, but it seems to be
saying
> > the updated maps have to be purchased... :-(
> >
> > That's a bit tight!

Paul,

I don't think it's TomTom's fault. TomTom buy in the map data through
a third party (teleatlas), and I believe they are just passing on the
costs imposed by them.

Patrick

The CIBA Vision email address format has changed to
firstname.lastname@xxxxxxx.  Please update your address book
accordingly.