Re: Device for barring unauthorised phone calls

John Andrews wrote:

> David / Group
>
> What is even better, if "someone" finds your bill, they have
enough
> information to cease your service with BT (or change provider).
> You just need the account number and telephone number to cease a
circuit,
> something one of our disgruntled residents did who was evicted from
one of
> our hostels.
>
> In the case of the £2000 - the customer will have to pay it end of
story.

Yep - the ever present balance point between security and convenience
(and cost!) :)

About 6 months ago I bought a shredder from CPC for £8.95.
I got it when I realised that I'd just thrown some blank cheques in the
bin!!
They were the ones sent to me by a credit card company so I could
'transfer my balance'.

Everyone has to be more aware of the new identity theft style risks we
face today.

I now shred all stuff that has account numbers and personal details -
it's actually quite therapeutic :)

David