Latest message you have seen: RE: Mac - Windows Printers

Re: [OT] Getting a domain name back?

On Apr 11, 2005 2:46 PM, darren_karp2001 <darren@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have a client whose domain name was registered by an individual a
> while ago, they have now fallen out and the guy refuses to transfer
> the ownership of the domain. Is it possible to have the domain
> transferred to the rightful owner?

Unless your client can clearly prove a contractual relationship (even
an implied one, although that of course is difficult to prove!) and
that the domain should have been registered to them, then it'll be
tough. For .uk domains, run by Nominet, at least there's a procedure
to follow (the DRS), but for .com/.net/.org/others, it's far more
anarchic, and involves the UDRP, cross-border legal action, and all
sorts of nastiness.

--
phil