Re: OT: Shower Pumps

Rob

I would agree with Peter. We had a pumped shower in our last house and
it worked very well (ISTR it was 3bar) and it was relatively quiet.
However, I don't think I would want to put lots of circuits on a pump.
It would be a bit of a pain to have the pump turning on all the time.
If you want to increase the pressure to all the outlets, then I think
an unvented pressurised system would be better, especially as you have
good mains pressure. This is what we have in our current house. The
hot and cold are equalised at 3bar and  there are no cold water tanks
just a rather large Megaflo (300ltr). We get very good pressure at
every tap (a bath takes about 2 minutes to fill) and the pressure from
the shower is excellent.
The only downside is that if there are any problems with your water
supply, you effectively lose all water. We are planning to get round
this by having a separate, smallish, cold water tank that just serves
one cold water tap and a loo (to keep the tank water flowing). Oh, the
other slight problem is that the Megaflo is not particularly cheap
altough it is supposed to have an exceptionally long life.

BR
David

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "White, Peter" <peter.white@b...>