Re: RE: [OT] Shower Pumps

Rob Mouser wrote:

> The salesman tells me the only place I can put this is in the airing
> cupboard? But surely this would then make more sense to have a whole
house
> pump that would aid any future upgrades in the other bathroom etc?

If it's going in next to the cylinder, you could investigate connecting
a plate heat exchanger to the cylinder, and feeding mains hot water
through it heatbank stylee. Check your mains pressure and flow rate as
well though to make sure you're not wasting your time there...

> I am also interested to know how people find powered showers? Another
shop
> has told us that we will only get 10-15 mins of hot showering from our
> 130ltr hot water cylinder?

A decent shower is 15-30l/m IIRC. Of course your boiler can be topping
up the cylinder as it runs, but that won't last forever (unless you can
pull the reactor control rods all the way out ;-)

> Would really appreciate any input, experience or links to help and
info as
> I'm not finding the 'average' salesman too helpful and my plumber (Who
> is a
> good workman.) appears to have taken the accountant's oath "I
can't
> give you
> advice, just point out the options, you choose and I take no
> responsibility!" Argh!

We have a 1 or 1.5 bar shower pump, and whilst better than gravity fed,
it's far from what I'd call "good".

Jim