RE: [OT] Windows scripting and system beeps

  • Subject: RE: [OT] Windows scripting and system beeps
  • From: "Ward, David" <DAvid.Ward@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 12:44:08 +0100

alternativeley Google came up with this

(The Guy is German, so excuse his spelling, his English is miles better
than
my German)

Dave

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Guenter_Born/WSHBazaar/WSHExtend.ht

The WSHBeep method

The method creates a beep massage, using the following syntax:

obj.WSHShell (mode)

The parameter Mode is of type Variant and defines the beep mode:

0 = PC speaker
1 = MB_ICONASTERISK
2 = MB_ICONEXCLAMATION
3 = MB_ICONHAND
4 = MB_ICONQUESTION
5 = MB_OK

The following code demonstrates the use.

Dim objAdr, procID
objAdr = WScript.CreateObject("WSHExtend.WinExt")
objAdr.WSHBeep 0

We create a beep on the PC speaker.