Re: Usefull USB over cat5 extender

  • Subject: Re: Usefull USB over cat5 extender
  • From: "big_red_frog" <atod@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 11:13:03 -0000

Hi all,

The price covers the male and female USB unit.

So one plugs into your PC on a USB port with a tail to a small header
block that you put a rj45 into.

I patch from this to my patch panel.

Then where it comes out of the wall I patch again to the other block
which has a USB socket.

>From this I run a Hub (seems ok unpowered, though I power it just
incase), which then runs two redrats a dinovo USB hub, and anything
else I happen to plug in.

I looked at the photo in the weelky flyer and it looks identicle
mouldings to the branded version I brought last year.

This is not the link, but here is a good picture

http://www.networktechinc.com/usbc5.html

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Stephen Jones" <ukha@i...> wrote:
> Photo shown here on the two units -
>
> http://cpc.farnell.com/jsp/endecaSearch/partDetail.jsp?