Re: Which machine is my DHCP server ?

Calum Morrell wrote:

>Kevin Hawkins wrote:
> Can someone tell me an easy way to find out from Windows which
> machines/devices (by IP) are running a DHCP server on my network ??
>
>  A couple of devices have acquired addresses by DHCP but they don't
show
> in my main Vigor routers DHCP assigned addresses and they appear not
> have picked up the correct DNS server address as they can't resolve
> addresses. But I've no idea where they are getting their addresses
from
> as it's not the expected place.
>
>open a command prompt and type ...
>
>ipconfig /all
>
>everything you need should be listed there

Ahh, sorry I wasn't clear ..the issue is that I think I may have two
DHCP servers running - I wanted to find the address of  any DHCP servers
out there. All my PC's use static IP's so ipconfig /all doesn't show any
DHCP server.  The devices that are using DHCP are not PC's.

I tried altering a PC to use DHCP and then it picks up the Vigor
router which is not the DHCP server that I believe the other devices
find (as they arent listed in the routers DHCP allocation table).. Is my
only route going to be by now disabling the routers DHCP and continued
reboots to find any other DHCP servers ?

What I really wanted is a way to identify any (and all) DHCP servers on
my network from a machine that is using static IP.

Kevin