Fw: Re: Clipsal rethink

  • Subject: Fw: Re: Clipsal rethink
  • From: Gareth Cook <g@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 23:14:50 +0100

Ok, so say I have 3 light switches currently (manual standard wall=20
switches) that all control the upstairs landing light.=20

Now, if I plug in a wireless switch, my assumption is that only one switch=
=20
can actual dim a light "locally" - but then im sure things will
go wrong=20
when another switch tries to control it locally.

An ideal method would be to use the power thats their to give the wireless=
=20
switch it's juice, but change the landing light itself to be star wired=20
back to a wired CBUS DIN dimmer module. I think the problem here is on the=
=20
switches they have reserved buttons for local control - but in this
case,=20
i dont need local control - i just need to program them to control the din=
=20
rail.

Now that would sort out 2/3/more way switches.

G.

Gareth Cook
SWG EMEA North Account Manager
IBM SWG - BTE Office - Lotus Park, Staines, TW18 3AG
Office: +44 (0)1784 445166 - Mobile: +44 (0)7980 445166
AIM Chat : TheBoyG - MSN Chat : chat@xxxxxxx
email: g@xxxxxxx

=20
----- Forwarded by Gareth Cook/UK/IBM on 01/04/2005 23:11 -----