Re: Help setting up broadband

I would ditch the DSL-300G+ as they are utter crap!

I've got one here that was installed in a friends house on the front of a
WRT54G which toke me 2 days to setup originally. I've now installed a DLink
unit in his house.

OK what's the issues???
Connect the 300G+ up to a PC and it configures/works first time. Now this
configuration will only work for the MAC of that PC! Put it on another PC
or
router and it needs reconfiguring.
Now plug it into your routers WAN port and try to configure it. Well first
you've got to set the WAN to a static IP of 192.168.0.2 and then you can
get
to the 300G+ to configure it. Once the 300G+ connects to your ISP you need
to set your WAN IP back to dhcp so it gets public IP your ISP dishes out.
Well now you think it's working but the default gateway address the 300G+
uses is the assigned IP + 1, this is totally different from what the ISP
has
assigned as the next hop. OK talk to your ISP and get the to give you 4
IP's
and frig about with the default gateway address.
I grabbed the 300G+ of the shelf this week to use it with a Vigor 2200W but
after 10 mins with it all the memories flooded back and instead I used a
conextant device, so anyone want a DSL-300G+ for the cost of the
postage????

Hope this helps

Vince

PS. The WRT54G's are brill, got 3 of them here.