Re: CAT5 tester

While this will test for electrical continuity, it wont actually test
wether you've wired them up right. This very test was tried by Umar's
sparky and everything tested fine, but the pairs were wired up wrong
and as a result, none of the ports worked.

Of course actually wiring up to one of the two standards
(http://www.bluemax.net/techtips/networking/Wiring_Tips/Wiring100TX/colorcodestandards.htm)
would also have helped. It took considerable amounts of my (and the
groups) time to diagnose the fault, then even more time for the sparky
to go round and fix it!!

--
-S