RE: CAT5 tester

  • Subject: RE: CAT5 tester
  • From: "Stephen Jones" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 22:34:27 +0100

Hi Ian

This little tester is pretty handy -

http://www.peakelec.co.uk/content/products/atlasit.html

- it should now identify cables punched down using only the first 6 cores
for telephone use. Beforehand when using tele outlets which don't connect
the brown pair, it would initially say "Faulty connection" and
you had to
check the following screen. They should now have updated the software to
recognise this connection as TELEPHONE or something similar.

And with the ID terminators you can test a lot quicker by yourself -

http://www.peakelec.co.uk/acatalog/IDR8X.html

HTH

Steve