Spare cores on C-Bus wiring

  • Subject: Spare cores on C-Bus wiring
  • From: "David Buckley" <db@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 08:41:42 -0000

Whats the word on using one of the spare pairs of the C-bus cable
for a pushbutton?

I have an addition to an installation; the front doorbell is on the
other side of the wall to a C-Bus pushbutton, and it would be a
doddle to just knock a hole through and link the bellpush to a spare
pair of the cat5.  Otherwise, I'll have to run an additional cable.
Slackness dictates I'd rather use the existing cable if possible,
since it goes the right physical route...

David.

cbus