Re: Re: NOW Doh.. Killed Tivo WAS Tivo / Linux command

On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 17:58:35 -0000, you wrote:

>ISTR that Linux doesn't need/use the BIOS to access the hard disk=20
>which is why you can use large disks in old machines. I would try=20
>setting the BIOS to NONE and then booting the MFS CD.  I could be=20
>talking total B***x though!
>Cheers
>Allan

Another good idea, thanks.

I've been busy tonight so it's now a bit late for trying stuff, but I'll
have a go at these suggestions tomorrow and let you know what works, in
case anybody else gets stuck with the same problem.

David P.

--=20
David_Paterson =3D david.paterson@xxxxxxx =A6 david.paterson@vissci.=
com;

Audio programmer          There are three kinds of people in the world -
Visual Science Ltd.         those who can count, and those who can't...