Latest message you have seen: Re: [OT] Asus EeePC rival - Everex CloudBook

Lock device for SimplyAutomate Magnetic Lock

  • Subject: Lock device for SimplyAutomate Magnetic Lock
  • From: Gareth Cook <g@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 16:40:35 +0100

All

Anyone got any bright ideas on this ? SimplyAutomate are selling a maglock
(mortice type -
http://www.simplyautomate.co.uk/productDisplay.asp?prodId=4635)
but are
struggling to comprehend my question when I ask - what goes into the door
?

A normal mortice lock is installed into a door itself, with a key of sorts
which turns a "bolt" and extends into a hole in the door frame. A
standard
lock type.

Now this is the opposite - it needs wiring, so needs to be installed in
the frame (which is fine - makes sense). When you apply 12v it prevents it
from "moving". When you turn off the power, it hinges and allows
a fixed
"bolt" to travel out. Imagine stoicking a screw into the door
itself - it
protudes into the gap of the mortice.

Anyway, I was scouring B&Q - I cant find anything that looks like a
static
"bolt" to install onto the door - closest is a "Tubalar
Mortice Latch"
http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/product/product.jsp?CATID=77705&entryFlag=false&PRODID=20390
- but that's designed to open (this needs to be static cause it's the
mortice itself that opens)

Any ideas ?

G.

Gareth Cook
SWG EMEA North Account Manager
IBM SWG - BTE Office - Lotus Park, Staines, TW18 3AG
Office: +44 (0)1784 445166 - Mobile: +44 (0)7980 445166
AIM Chat : TheBoyG - MSN Chat : chat@xxxxxxx
email: g@xxxxxxx