Latest message you have seen: Re: Re: Modern Home Servers - Power Savings

RE: Linux Firewire Drives help

  • Subject: RE: Linux Firewire Drives help
  • From: "aashram" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 10:22:56 +0100

will try it thanks

________________________________

From: Bruno Prior [mailto:bruno@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Mon 10/25/2004 08:53
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Linux Firewire Drives help

It's just a guess, but have you tried modifying the suggested command
for the additional disks? I don't know the scheme it uses for emulating
SCSI drives, but the most likely scenario is that extra disks have
higher IDs on the same channel, in which case you would want to do
something like:

echo "scsi add-single-device 0 0 1 0" >/proc/scsi/scsi

for the second disk,

echo "scsi add-single-device 0 0 2 0" >/proc/scsi/scsi

for the third disk, and so on. If the disks are made to look like
separate LUNs on the same ID, you will need to use "0 0 0 1" and
"0 0 0
2", and if it makes it look like they are all on separate channels,
you
will use "0 1 0 0" and "0 2 0 0".

As I say, this is just a guess, as I have not used firewire-connected
disks with my linux systems, but it could be worth a try.

Cheers,

Bruno