Latest message you have seen: Re: Buying a NAS am I doing the right thing?

HELP!!! Cyrus 6 Amp ;o(

Chaps,

Sorry for the slightly OT post of hifi,

I've just got a cyrus 6 amp this is coupled upto a cyrus 3 cd player and
power amp. in turn connected some B&W p4's

So, I plugged it all in, piece by piece, cd player to amp, and one of
the speakers into the amp (without using power amp) and plugged in,
turned on and all ok (played a cd and heard it). So I turned all the
stuff off (using the power switch at the back after first turning off at
the front) plugged in the other speaker, turned it all back on. And now
the power switch flashes red - although the self test looks to go thru
ok.

After checking all the connections, I plugged the speakers into my other
hifi and by the sound of it, the bass/mid speaker has blown (gently
pushing the speaker in a little to check movement and the coil it
grating)

If I have all disconnected the light still flashes red.

The amp was a replacement as the old one had the same symptoms.
(Replacement arrived yesterday)

To top it all off, I've been loaned this kit off of a friend.

Have I done anything wrong ? (I think I've mentioned all) or can anyone
point me in the right direction ? I would rather see if I can get it
fixed rather than tell my mate this is stuffed too.

Any help on this would be most appreciated ;o)

Kind regards,

Jonathan.