Latest message you have seen: Automated Home - Latest Forum Posts

RE: RATS!

  • Subject: RE: RATS!
  • From: "Nigel Giddings" <nigel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 17:42:53 +0100

Chris,

I recently had a 230v cable bitten into by what I suppose was a Rat.

I live in a wodden house / cottage in some woodlands the fault only came to
light when the cable got wet through heavy rain.

No sign of any rodents (although the cat may have carried it off ?). So I
guess it survived the shocking experience.

I thought Rats chewed just for the fun of it, their teeth grow throughout
their lives so they need to be worn down or they will prevent the rat from
eating... I have also heard of them eating through cast iron grates...

Nigel