Re: Best Way to Distribute BT phone to 12 rooms in house ?

  • Subject: Re: Best Way to Distribute BT phone to 12 rooms in house ?
  • From: "Patrick Lidstone" <patrick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 12:28:47 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "UKHA" <ukha@b...> wrote:

> On 11/10/2004 at 08:53 christopher purves wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >Well the topic says it all. Node zero will be on the 1st Floor and
was
> >wondering the best way to get phones into each room. Come to think
of it,
> >how many phones can you hang off one line ?
> >
> >Should I be looking at another solution - so many question - so
much house
> >to wire !
> >
> >Chris
> >

> How about using a VOIP based solution....

Also worth mentioning that VOIP phones play nicely with wireless
access points - so you can plug 'em in to e.g. a Linksys WET11 if it
isn't convenient to run cat5 to a given location.

And also, Cisco 79 series phones, whilst a bit pricy, have a nice
built in simple xml browser which is ideal for HA applications. The
only fly in the ointment is that the SIP variants of the cisco phone
don't support push to the display, which is a shame.

Patrick