Sky+ 160GB

  • Subject: Sky+ 160GB
  • From: "Stephen Jones" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 00:07:08 +0100

I don't remember this being announced over the last few weeks. Apologies if
it has.

--------------------------------------

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds16026.html

Thomson to manufacture 'Sky+ 160' boxes

Sky has chosen Thomson to manufacture its new line of advanced PVR set-top
boxes, it was announced today (Tuesday).

The firm will begin immediate production on the new 'Sky+ 160' box in time
for its consumer release next month.

As previously reported on Digital Spy, the Sky+ 160 features a substantial
160Gb hard drive, allowing storage of up to 80 hours of recorded
programmes.
The standard model can hold just 20 hours.

"The manufacturing agreement with Thomson underlines Sky's
determination to
remain at the forefront of digital broadcasting," said Brian Sullivan,
director of new product development at Sky. "This is an important
product
for BSkyB and we are delighted to have the support of Thomson as developer
and manufacturer."

Stick with Digital Spy for more on the Sky+ 160 in the coming weeks