RE: Re: AVR300

> >  Lets try that again shall we, without hitting the "send
key"
> > accidentally :/
>
> LOL - Having fingering trouble again Tony? :-D

Now now!

> > revealed a little more detail, but it was a bit too clinical
maybe,
> > and a little harsh at times.
>
> See that confuses me ... I couldn't class the Arcam as harsh
> from what I heard today. I couldn't have lived with the Denon
> though ... It was just so dull that for a moment I thought
> we'd lost the tweeters on the PMCs.

Hmmm.... I was in two minds about which was better, but it was listening to
a live album (Cinerama live in belfast) that made me favour the denon - it
ust seemed more "live" than the arcam.
The other thing is I'm not 100% convinced the arcam was set up right - the
guy seemed to think that it switched to audio bypass mode automatically
when
just bunging in a normal CD, but I dunno....
I faffed with a few dsp modes and got a much better result usign
"party"
mode than what he felt was 2 channel stereo - but I wanted to try it in
just
stereo mode so again, this was meaningless.
It did not help that he did not have the right remotes for each amp -
claiming the originals broken/loaned to customers...

> > Bah, why are these things never simple? :(
>
> Because if they were simple then life would be easy, no-one
> would need a God to believe in and blame for all the unfair
> things that happen to them in life and we wouldn't have the
> media using sanitised phrases such as "beheaded" rather than
> the more appropriate and realistic "hacked off their head
> with an old penknife"...

You have such a way with words phil....so evocative of the image behind
them
:)