Re: Driving me mad

  • Subject: Re: Driving me mad
  • From: "achamp26" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 19:19:47 -0000

I had something similar happen to me.   It drove me nuts for about
two weeks it nearly got to the point where I was going to rip apart
part of the walls to look for the source.

It turned out to be a Carbon Monoxide detecter which I had left in
the cupboard under the stairs telling me it needs to be replaced.
(Should have been installed by the boiler I know).

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Adrian

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Pete Shew" <ukha_d@s...> wrote:
> I have a sound that I cant locate. It is a "meem" rather
than
a "peep" and seems to be around 440Hz (A above middle C, if my
musical memory serves.)

> It occurs every 173.5 seconds!
>
> It appears to be above the kitchen, but can't be localised. In the
room above it can be heard more faintly.

> It's fairly quiet, so can't be heard if there is TV, radio,
washing up etc.

> It continues even with the power turned off at the main breaker !!!
>
> The only other power is the battery to the alarm system. The
control box and sounder are some distance away and the sound cannot
be heard there, but there is a IR detector near the sound.