Re: Re: AVR300

> I demo'd the AVR300 alongside the denon 3805.
>
> I must admit the guy doing the demo, myself and my wife all prefered
the
> denon and I went in there completely biased in favour of the arcam
given
> its pedigree.

NooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo!!!

Too many choices now - argh!  I was hoping to go for a quick buy :/
I used to have the Denon 3020 many moons ago (Actually, that's a lie - I
still have it - it's guarding the loft at the moment IIRC) and preferred
the sound of that to my Yam 3090 - but sadly the Denon was just prologic
in a 5.1 world, so it had to go out to pasture....

It's interesting how everyone things the Arcam is TDB, and then someone
mentions another amp and you read a load of stuff about THAT being TDB.

There's just no substitute for listening to em side by side is there?
Trouble is, since Zebra abandoned Croydon and I've had cr@p experiences at
Musical Images and Sevenoaks, I don't really like dealers anymore :/

cheers,

T.