RE: Wall mount TV discreet wiring tips needed

  • Subject: RE: Wall mount TV discreet wiring tips needed
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 21:30:06 +0100

> Jeremy
>
> You will just need a DVI cable as the world is quickly moving
> to HDTV .....

It is? Where do you live? Not in the UK that's for sure - HDTV won't be
mainstream for the forseeable future here. (Not to mention that most kit
will prolly output HDTV over component video - YUV - for a good long time
anyway.) There's plenty of life in s-video and RGB SCART yet (no matter how
much I may wish otherwise) so not providing for them in your planning would
be a big mistake - certainly in the short to medium term.

I would also definitely still allow for an aerial (RF) feed too as you
don't
always want to fire up your entire AV system just to check the weather or
the lottery numbers on teletext.

> Or trunking so you can pull the cables through later.

I would consider making some sort of false "chimney breast" to
mount the
unit on (or even recess it into) if you have space as then you can hide
cables far more easily (and run new ones in the future) ... You could also
hide wall mounted speakers in it too if you wished to keep things discrete.

Phil