RE: Charmed Quark - automation software

  • Subject: RE: Charmed Quark - automation software
  • From: "Tony Butler" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 21:07:57 +0100

> Gotta say I'm intreagued to try to get a demo of the AV300...

Indeed, I am leaning towards this now - it seems to pretty much cover most
things:
- PC control (in theory anyway)
- Upgradable firmware
- component out
- Works well with 2 music (apparently)

No firewire/hdmi or USB audio n though, which would have been nice, which
the pio ax5 has....

> ...and of course the matching DVD player with HDMI would be
> nice to go with the new LCD panel.

Well yes, but I am forking out a shedload on a 43" plasma, a 500 quid
mounting bracket, now it seems an arcam, some kat5 bits and bobs....
And swmbos "reward" for accepting all this is 2-odd grand bed -
plus
accessories!

I think I will need to let the wallet recover for a bit and then get in a
HDMI DVD player when SWMBO ain't looking ;)

Cheers,

T.