Re: [OT] Met office data feeds

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ho Yin Ng" <yahoogroups@xxxxxxx>
> Simon the ones you have look good ..
>
> Though still a bit large for me. I take it you just filtered it from
the
> websites and you therefore cannot change the or rearrange the content?
>
> I really just want icons and the temp.
>
> As for the rssweather ... it looks good .. but I can't seem to get it
> show me 3 days in advance.
>
> But at least I have got a bit further!

Yip, just a couple of simple pattern matches (perl), removing all content
before and after what I'm looking for. Doesn't produce valid html, but I
really don't care as long as it works.

You could parse the data out of the html, but that's risky, although the
met
office page is very nicely laid out in html, and should be easy to parse.
The BBC one (which uses met office data feeds) may also be simple to parse
for the information you want

Simon