RE: Amp recommendations

Tony

What about the Arcam AVR300. I think it is about =A31200 and has most of
what you want. See their summary sheet below. I don't have one but it
has been well reviewed.=20

BR
David

key features of the AVR300
analogue audio
=95	Meets rated 100 WPC continuous power output into both 4 and 8
ohms loads, all 7 channels driven simultaneously at 1kHz
=95	Stereo output power over 120 WPC into 4 or 8 ohms, 20Hz =96 20 kHz
=95	Huge toroidal power transformer and 48,000 microfarads of
reservoir capacitors ensure ample power reserves when playing even the
most demanding programme material
=95	In 5.1 surround systems the 6th and 7th channels are assignable
to the front left and right for bi-amplifying suitable loudspeakers, or
to zone 2
=95	Audiophile quality components for best sound quality, including
1% metal film resistors, polypropylene film capacitors, OSCON
electrolytic capacitors and double sided, through-plated fibreglass
circuit boards
=95	Pre amp outputs for all 7 channels and subwoofer
=95	Multi-channel 7.1 analogue input for DVD-A or SACD sources
=95	Stereo direct switch bypasses and disables all digital
processing for 2 channel analogue sources
=95	7 stereo analogue inputs (plus tuner); 3 tape outputs (one a
tape loop)
=95	Zone 2 stereo audio, from stereo analogue inputs or internal
tuner. Source and volume control independent from main outputs
=95	Built in FM/AM RDS stereo tuner with 30 FM and 16 AM presets
digital audio
=95	State of the art Crystal Semiconductors CS49400 DSP, with 24-bit
fixed point double precision Dolby Digital and DTS decoding and 32-bit
fixed point double precision bass management. 4 layer PCBs
=95	Wolfson Microelectronics 24-bit 192kHz DACs, stereo ADC and
precision electronic volume controls
=95	Decodes Dolby Digital EX, Dolby Pro Logic IIx (including full
music mode support), DTS 96/24, DTS-ES Discrete and Matrix 6.1, DTS Neo
6=20
=95	6 Arcam-optimised surround effects modes for 2 channel sources
(Music, Party, Club, Concert Hall, Sports and Church)
=95	Adjustable crossover switching from 40 =96 130 Hz in 10 Hz steps
=95	Separate sub woofer level settings for film and stereo listening
=95	Bass and treble equalisers, both global and for each of 7 main
channels
=95	6 fully assignable digital inputs, 3 co-axial, 3 optical; 1
coaxial & 1 optical output
=95	Assignable global audio delay, adjustable from 0 =96 220
milliseconds, to compensate for video processing delays in digital
displays or DVD players
video=20
=95	5 composite and 5 S-video inputs; 3 fully buffered outputs of
each type (monitor output and 2 tapes)
=95	3 100MHz bandwidth component video inputs and 1 monitor output
(these may alternatively be configured to support RGB, with sync on
composite video, for use in European TV systems; no other AV receiver
does this to the best of our knowledge)
=95	On screen display for all menus; may be configured as full page
or as pop ups. Works on all types of interlaced video output
=95	Video up conversion =96 composite to S-video and vice versa via
the monitor outputs; composite and S-video to interlaced component video
=95	Video up conversion to RGB with sync on composite (SCART
compatible) for European TV displays. 12V triggers support S-video, RGB
and widescreen switching for SCART equipped TVs. To the best of our
knowledge this extraordinarily useful feature set is unique to Arcam
=95	Composite and S-video inputs assignable to =93non video=94 audio
inputs such as DVD-A / SAT (for tuner) or CD; high quality (component /
RGB) inputs each assignable to any audio input
=95	Zone 2 composite video output, from composite video inputs
custom install features
=95	Independent Zone 2 (audio + video), with fixed or variable
volume and parental access control Duplex RS-232 control; also suitable
for system software updates
=95	RC-5 remote input jacks for both zones
=95	IR pass through for source components
=95	Full suite of discrete IR RC-5 codes, including separate on /
off etc
=95	12 Volt triggers, on/off for zones 1 and 2 and either SCART
control (video in RGB mode) or on / off and video signal sensing
(component video mode)
general
=95	Supplied with back-lit CR80 learning remote control with support
for up to 7 other components
=95	Large, clear 12 character dimmable VFD front panel display
=95	Ground lift switch=20
=95	User switchable between 120 and 230 Volt mains supplies
=95	Size =96 430mm wide, 433mm deep, 145mm high
=95	Weight 16.2 kg nett, 21.4 kg packed=20=20=20

=20=20