RE: Dimmers - noisy when off (CBus)

  • Subject: RE: Dimmers - noisy when off (CBus)
  • From: "Rob Mouser" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 19:32:01 +0100

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable will reply. But I'm fairly certain that
my C-bus dimmers output a voltage even when 'off'.

As for transformers then yes they can be noisy.
I have been going through the tedious process of replacing ALL my elcheapo
Screwfix transformers which buzzed horribly with Ozram Mouse units
http://www.bltdirect.co.uk/item689.htm
which are almost silent.

As my younger brother always says "you buy cheap you buy twice"!
:-)

Many thanks

Rob