Latest message you have seen: Re: Looking for a new Remote - Pronto TSU9600 - The best?

RE: [WAY OT] - SQL Replication

  • Subject: RE: [WAY OT] - SQL Replication
  • From: "Alex Monaghan" <ha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 20:07:44 -0000

We use log shipping for keeping database in sync for reporting & DR
failover.

If you have SQL 2K Enterprise, then you'll have a wizard to set it up
(although I use my own set of scripts), if you have standard, then you'll
have to get your DBA to roll their own config.

I've been using a log shipping mechanism since SQL 6.5 for DR purposes and
routinely perform failovers and have had no problem so far.

IT