Latest message you have seen: RE: [OT] Outlook Express Email Handling

RE: X10 and garage doors

On 27/11/2004 at 22:25 Paul Gale wrote:

>I'd make sure you fit an X10 filter on the incoming mains - I think one
>of my neighbours has just got X10 and we're finding lights going on and
>off all over the place!
>
>Paul.

Yeah, we had a little discussion on it in irc - the conclusion was that
anyone
wanting to break in you use one of the universal tools "brick" or
"crowbar" rather
than sit there trying a series of X10 commands. In which case it's more
likely that
an accidental opening would occur if the neighbours got X10.

I think I'm pretty much in favour of removing it until I get either a
filter or a simple relay
board wired back to the pc (which is a lot harder).

One of the other options is to use ethernet over power to drive a little
xap/xpl relay board, since
the EOP units use encrypted comms it's unlikely that any accidental openage
(is that a word)
could occur..

Andy