Latest message you have seen: RE: Seeking longer IDE cable

[OT] VPN and moving house...

  • Subject: [OT] VPN and moving house...
  • From: "Matthew Miles" <m_miles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 08:06:50 -0000

Hey all,

I'm in the process of buying a new house and finally moving out of
the parents!  However, they have become accustomed to watching
movies that I have copied from DVD's I own and listening to my CD
collection etc.

I would like to be able to let them access this from my new house.
I think that a VPN would solve this - both DSL lines have static IP
addresses.

How do I go about setting one up?  I have read many articles online
however, all of them are generalisations and not how-to's.  I have
Windows NT 4.0 server (Terminal Services), Windows 2000 server and
Windows 2003 standard server.

Ideally I need the other end to be an occasional client rather than
a dedicated link.  Both ends have DSL routers with NAT and VPN
forwarding (IPSEC I think).

Anybody feel like showing me how this is done?

Cheers,

Matt

P.S

The PC I will be using is 900Mhz with 256Mb RAM and 30Gb Hard disk.