Latest message you have seen: Re: Country bumpkin seeks fast internet connection

RE: Sound Deadening for Ceiling Speakers

When I installed a spa-bath in my upstairs bathroom, I did spend quite some
time and effort in trying to insulate the floor and wall spaces to minimise
noise.

=20

I suggest taking a look at the following for inspiration:

=20

http://www.domesticsoundproofing.co.uk/products.htm
 I=92ve bought acoustic
quilt (for stud walls), Mineral Wool for floor voids, and Soundproofing
Mat=
from them =96 although I=92m not sure their Mineral Wool is *that* greater
=
in
density than standard building slabs. Any quality carpet fitter will also
have something similar to =93Acoustic Carpet Underlay=94 =96 which is just
=
a very
high quality underlay combining the benefits of old-fashioned felt with
modern rubber. They are very honest and friendly, proactively returning
=A3=
20
of excess postage that I hadn=92t even spotted after two-months!

=20

If you want some really professional stuff, then I recommend:

=20

www.soundreduction.co.uk <http://www.soundreduction.co.uk/>
 =96 I visited
their place in Bolton once, and they *do* supply the Multiplex Cinema
industry =96 but to fit their Acoustic Wall Boards was a job-too-far for
me=
contemplate at the time, during a children=92s bedroom renovation activity
=
=96
although I=92m sure I=92ll regret that when my quiet-ish 2 year-old
becomes=
noisy teen =96 or when my neighbours change!

=20

Happy to chat off-list.

=20

Kind Regards,