Latest message you have seen: RE: Seeking longer IDE cable

Re: Freeview box - URGENT

YJ> I've actually got an ariel guy here at the moment who putting up my
new
YJ> freeview ariel ( SWMBO wouldn't let me do it ) - He's trying to flog
me a
YJ> HUMAX FOX 1 decoder for £120.00.  Any ideas if this box is any good
? It
YJ> doesn't have a addition slot for topup tv etc.

Hi,

Sorry can't help about the box, but it seems you've had lots of
answers already and by now I guess he's gone.

Just wondering, what aerial did you have before and was it inside or
outside? What aerial have you got now; presumably it is outside? I was
wondering how a "freeview" aerial is different from a
"normal" one.

I am about to have a new aerial fitted because our new house has an
aerial in the loft. It is ok for terrestrial channels but we can only
get about half of the freeview ones. I have phoned for some quotes and
they tell me I will need a "freeview" aerial which costs £20
more. I
thought the whole idea of Freeview was that you could watch it from
your exhibiting aerial?

Did they use satellite coax or "traditional"? How much did it
cost, if
you don't mind me asking? Getting prices is difficult they say "from
£49 + vat" depending on which aerial we need once we get there.

I agree about swmbo playing up but I agreed to pay someone so at least
it can be aligned by a meter to get the best signal.

Thanks.